Friday 30 April 2010

Beers

Home from work, and there's 24 beers,
Open the first, there's 23, Cheers!
And not too long after, we've got 22,
I've waited all week to enjoy such a brew.

21 left, and it's not even six,
We're down to 20, I'm getting my kicks!
Then it's 19, and it's starting to slow,
On the next one I wonder where'd that six pack go?

When we hit 17, I have slowed and I think,
If I keep up this rate, I will run out of drink!
By 16 it's dark and the footy's begun,
A slight increase in pace, as a quarter takes 1!

By 14 the football is stalled at half time,
and at 13 my ears ring, an inaudible chime!
Off to bed now, I can't keep my eyelids awake,
And for several hours I'll have a small break!

By 2 the next day, and we've started again,
soon we're down to 11 and clouding my brain!
Then 10, 9 and 8, they are going too fast,
At this rate I doubt that they're going to last!

Then senses prevail, and we call it night,
To drink on your own just doesn't seem right.
But on Sunday we start and the count is now 7,
With 6 left I must say, I feel I'm in heaven.

A twinge of regret now, the last six-packs open,
We're down to five, they'll last, well here's hopin'
Another one sinks, and we only have 4,
Now it's 3 I start thinking, should I go get more?

I don't dare hit the road, so the count is now 2,
And I've slowed to make sure that they'll last the night through.
Before long, however, we're down to just one,
Then I've had that one too, and the carton is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment