Monday 29 March 2010

It's off to work we go...

Rain on the windscreen clouds my sight,
An early trip, no traffic here.
The road is dark, it is still night.
There might be roos, a touch of fear,
that one will come from out of sight.
I slow, and hover near the brake,
And wish for just a touch of light.
My mirror shows (for heaven's sake!),
A driver with his beams so bright,
I squint and flip the night-view switch,
the mirror now refracts the white,
My brake foot now begins to twitch.

At last I enter lit up street,
And all around me traffic builds,
All driving to their unique beat.
But either side, still empty fields,
Some roughly mown, and some quite neat.
Yet still I fear the wandering roo,
I sit quite tensely in my seat,
and silently wish "Shoo, roo, Shoo",
I jump at just the slightest tweet.
Now almost there, I look to park,
The ride to work is quite a feat,
Especially starting in the dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment