Tuesday 30 March 2010

Incompetence and Blame

I had to do the stuff again,
I really don't know why,
The numbers came out all the same,
The numbers that don't lie.

I thought that someone had gone wrong,
this proves that I was right,
I humoured them, and tried again,
Let's hope they've seen the light.

The effort that was needed, though,
Is really quite a shame,
I had to do it all again,
E'en though I'm not to blame.

It's curious what people do,
When they know that they're wrong,
'We'll all repeat this task again,
Although it's twice as long.'

I know that people have their pride,
I know they must save face,
But it's things like this that make me wish,
I worked some other place.

The problem was quite minor, too,
A simple test could see,
But people seemed determined,
To lay the blame on me.

I can prove that they're the problem now,
But somehow I don't care,
The time's been spent - it is no use,
It's neither here nor there.

And disappointed though I am,
I wouldn't cause a scene,
Despite the time I spent on it,
And where I could've been.

It's things like this that make me look,
through all the classified,
to find some other place to work,
some place I haven't tried.

Deep down, I think I realise, though,
As sad as it may be,
Most other work is just the same,
They'll lay the blame on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment