Friday 1 October 2010

Pesky 'Pies

Wandering to the bus, thinking about things,
Suddenly startled by a flapping of wings,
Instinctively, I turn and duck,
Startled, thinking, "What the fuck?"

It flies away, I wander on,
Not too much care for where it's gone,
Then suddenly it swoops once more,
Again I dive to hit the floor.

So cautious now, I watch him sit,
On wires above (the little shit),
I glance at him, just now and then,
But suddenly, he strikes again!

I reach the stop, and find a tree,
But even so, he swoops at me,
This bugger's viscous, there's no doubt,
I wonder what he's angry about?

Another day, another swoop,
I'll have to walk a wider loop,
And find a stop that's not near him,
(the longer walk might help me slim).

Along that road I walk in fright,
My eyes are dating left and right,
I jump at any birdie sound,
There's laughs and songs from all around.

It may be dumb to fret so much,
The bird has never made a touch,
The wings so near are startling, though,
I can't wait for that bird to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment